From banks, to credit unions and financial services – mobile technology is dramatically changing how these organizations communicate, exchange data, and how much emphasis they put on security. Today, the NEEDS for banks in a communication app for Banks and Customer Service have become the following:
- to have an easy-to-use and modern communication platform,
- to protect customer confidential data during calls,
- to ensure the privacy and security of communication between bank employees,
- to become more remote (roaming-free),
- and to eventually save money.
This article will show you how a communication app for banks can finally offer secure calling and messenger communication for both their internal and external communication.
Problems with Mobile Messaging for Finance and Banks
Chat and instant messaging technologies have emerged as improved communication and collaboration in finance. They’re the most evolving type of communication 一 the preferred workplace and consumer tool, overtaking even social media.
But the use of these popular messaging technologies threatens the security and integrity of data, creating elevated technology risk for banks and financial organizations. That’s why banks and financial services are leaning towards investing in enterprise communication platforms that will improve and modernize their communication and most importantly be fully secure.
Further in this article, we will show you how banks can finally have a communication app for banks and customer service, for secure calling and messenger communication for both their internal and external communication.
The Banking Sector’s Communication Needs & Solutions
Need #1: Free and Secure Calls to Call Centers
Large and even small banks get tens of thousands of daily customer and client GSM calls to their Call Center.
The 3 main problems with this are:
- Usually, during these calls, customers report very confidential information, and as GSM calls are very easy to eavesdrop, these calls are not considered to be protected in any way.
- On the other hand, all these calls are paid. Waiting lines for phone service become even more unbearable when customers know they’re paying for every extra minute.
- Also, very often, customers also call from abroad, and with the addition of roaming costs, these calls add up and become very expensive for clients.
To surpass these challenges, banks can create their Bank’s Public Network on Zangi messenger, which will make call center calls free.
Anyone can join the communication app for banks (the Bank’s network) and make calls via the messenger to the Call Center for free. Calls via the messenger will also be strongly protected with military-grade encryption and customers will be happy to find that the quality of the calls will be in HD (thanks to the app’s existing technology).
Need #2: Collecting a Customer Base
Financial Services and Banks are also always looking for easier ways to collect customer lists and to reach out to customers faster and more effectively.
The 3 main things banks are looking for are:
- new and exciting ways of attracting the digitally-savvy customer
- entering the instant messaging era and interacting with their customers in new ways, with new business channels
- having access and a way to reach out to a huge volume of users
With Zangi’s help, banks can:
- have their own communication app for Banks and Customer Service or
- can have their customers join them on a modern business channel- for free and convenient calling.
Those customers or partners who are interested in frequent calls to the bank can become part of your communication app for Banks (your Network). Then you’ll have an easy platform to send notifications to customers whenever you’d like.
High levels of penetration, use and engagement mean that financial institutions are starting to recognize the opportunities social media can bring to their businesses.
Need #3: Secure Team Communication Within Bank Employees
Banks are also very interested in ensuring the privacy and security of communication between bank employees.
The 3 main problems that exist in internal communication are:
- The WhatsApp problem: the unhealthy habit of choosing insecure messengers to quickly communicate with colleagues. While messenger apps like WhatsApp, Viber, or Skype might be easy and familiar video and messaging platforms, as many of us know they’ve had plenty of data breaches, third-party interception, government interference.
- Calling each other with office phones is costly and not remote-friendly.
- Messaging and calling each other via email or insecure
Solution: Zangi, A Communication App for Banks and Customer Service
Your Team app
Zangi enables employees to instantly and securely chat with each other in order to discuss important matters on the go with real-time calling, messaging and groups. Zangi gives a secure communication app for Banks and Customer Service to host on their company servers/cloud.
They can either have the app public or private (not published on the Apple Store and Google Play Marke)t and will only be privately available for employees or members. This communication system also easily integrates with the bank’s office PBX (office phone), which secures all calls, and makes office calling possible from smartphones.
Solving the WhatsApp problem
Often bank employees have the unhealthy habit of choosing insecure messengers to quickly communicate with colleagues. But while messenger apps like WhatsApp, Viber, or Skype might be easy and familiar platforms, they are a big issue for data protection, security, and compliance.
As many of us know they’ve had plenty of data breaches, third-party interception, government interference. Zangi provides a secure, privacy-protected and compliant solution to the Whatsapp problem.
Get in Touch
Send us a note using the form below and we will get in touch with you shortly.